Mary-Helen Wright is a compassionate, very experienced, and award-winning lawyer. She has many outstanding successes in personal injury claims, estate disputes, and commercial litigation, and is well-known as a tenacious advocate for her clients’ rights.
Mary-Helen is Pacific Law Group’s senior litigator and managing lawyer. She has dedicated over 32 years to representing clients facing difficult, complex, and catastrophic situations. She is one of only a few lawyers to have been counsel for over 90 trials, 75 appeals, and 200 mediations. Recognized as one of Canada’s best personal injury lawyers, Mary-Helen’s work has set many important legal precedents both at trials and on appeals, which are often referred to in other court cases, legal journals, and the news. She is a leading expert, author, and speaker in her field.
Mary-Helen enjoys working with clients to secure the best results, both in negotiations and the courtroom. She is often described as creative, effective, quick, and strategic in her problem-solving abilities. She has established an excellent reputation as a talented and experienced trial and appeal lawyer who ensures her clients receive the best possible outcome for complex and challenging problems.
Before becoming a lawyer, Mary-Helen was a certified swimming, skiing, and canoeing instructor. Still an avid outdoor adventurer, she values healthy living. Mary-Helen is a big supporter of non-profit associations that work to improve the lives of the underprivileged, champion animal rights, and protect the environment.
- 2009, Lee Samis National Award of Excellence for outstanding skill, accomplishments, services, and contribution to insurance law
- Voted “Leading Lawyer” by BC colleagues in the area of personal injury claims in the Canadian Lexpert Annual Directory, for many years, including this year.
AFFILIATIONS PAST AND PRESENT
- Burrardview Community Association Executive and Volunteer
- Canadian Bar Association Automobile Insurance Committee
- Canadian Bar Association Business of Law Committee
- CBA subsections: Civil Law, Insurance, Wills and Estates, Class Actions, Business Law
- Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Lawyer Referral Service (28 years of volunteer service)
- Medical/Legal Society of BC
- Vancouver Port Authority/Community Liaison
- University of Calgary, BA, Economics (Major); Law and Political Science (Minor)
- University of Victoria, LL.B.
- Numerous continuing legal education courses and seminars
Set up your FREE consultation today!
What clients say:
“I am so grateful for the expert support I received from Mary-Helen Wright and her team at Pacific Law Group. I was faced with a very complex and difficult situation. Mary-Helen dealt with my claims swiftly and secured a court order that gave me a better result than I had anticipated was possible. The service I received from Mary-Helen had a positive impact on my life at a time when someone I could trust was so needed. I highly and whole-heartedly recommend Mary-Helen Wright to anyone needing a talented, devoted, and kind professional.”
“Many thanks to Mary-Helen Wright for all the time and effort she put into successfully settling my daughter’s case against ICBC. She made us very comfortable with the process and kept us well informed. Mary-Helen’s knowledge and experience are exceedingly impressive. We are very pleased with the settlement she got us.”