Kerry is an experienced and strategic lawyer who has been practising civil litigation in B.C. since her call to the bar in 1991. Kerry has extensive experience in general civil litigation, with an emphasis on personal injury (motor vehicle, occupier’s liability) general insurance and long term disability insurance matters. She has acted for domestic and foreign insurers in a wide range of liability claims, complex and catastrophic personal injury claims, and life and disability claims.
Kerry has conducted trials, hearings and appeals in all levels of court in British Columbia. She has been involved in numerous precedent setting decisions. She has successfully mediated and negotiated settlement in a wide variety of litigated disputes. Through her strategic and creative approach, Kerry has saved her clients significant time, money, and stress. She is driven to help her clients and works tenaciously to ensure cost-effective and the best possible outcome for her clients.
As part of her commitment to education and the legal community, she was previously an adjunct professor, teaching Civil Procedure at the Faculty of Law, UBC (now Peter A. Allard School of Law). She has been actively involved with the legal community, having been on the executive of various CLE subsections and committees, served for many years on the Peter A. Allard School of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors, volunteering with Access Pro Bono, and she currently sits on the Editorial Board of the British Columbia Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practise Manual.
Outside of the law, Kerry supports various charities and others in their charitable endeavours. She enjoys playing music and singing, painting, spending time with her family, travelling, and hiking/kayaking on
the beautiful Sunshine Coast.
AFFILIATIONS PAST AND PRESENT
- Executive Member, Insurance subsection, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Allard School of Law Alumni Association Board, UBC
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch: Equity and Diversity Committee, Automobile Insurance Committee, Civil Litigation section, Insurance Law section,
- Women Lawyers Forum
- Prior Adjunct Professor, UBC Faculty of Law, Civil Procedure Course
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- First-Year Moot Court Judge Allard School of Law, UBC
- Law Week Committee
- Speaker at C.L.E. and Insight continuing legal education courses
- Canadian Parents for French
- Editorial Board member, British Columbia Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Practise Manual, (Continuing Legal Education Society)
- Simon Fraser University, BA, French and English
- University of British Columbia, LL.B.
- Numerous continuing legal education courses and seminars
Set up your FREE consultation today!
What clients say:
“I suffered a head injury that led to a long post-concussive recovery period. At a time when I was most vulnerable, I relied on Kerry Grieve’s support to keep me focused on key matters of my claim. Kerry was compassionate, meticulous, patient, knowledgeable and clear. Her advice got me through the legal maze when I couldn’t have navigated alone.”
“Thank you Kerry, for always providing such prompt and helpful advice on my insurance queries. I’m grateful for your wonderful network, too — you’ve always been able to refer me to the right resources when my legal issues are outside your practice areas, and they’ve all been excellent referrals!”