Kerry Grieve is an experienced, strategic, and client-focused lawyer. She practices personal injury litigation, insurance law, and general civil litigation. Kerry works hard to secure fair, just, and successful legal outcomes.
Kerry has been practicing law for over 26 years. She is a trusted and dedicated member of the legal community. Kerry has extensive experience in bringing and defending personal injury and other casualty claims. She has acted for domestic and foreign insurers in a wide range of liability claims, major loss personal injury claims, and life and disability claims. Kerry has worked as in-house counsel for ICBC, advising on a variety of insurance matters, which provided her with valuable insight. As part of her commitment to education and the legal community, she was previously an adjunct professor, teaching Civil Procedure at the Faculty of Law, UBC.
Kerry has conducted trials and hearings in all levels of court in British Columbia. She has successfully mediated and negotiated settlements in numerous litigated disputes. Through her strategic and creative approach, Kerry has saved her clients significant time, money, and stress. She is driven to help her clients and works tenaciously to ensure cost-effective and best-possible-outcome solutions.
Kerry understands that the legal sphere can be complicated and can seem daunting. She strives to untangle the web of law for those who may be unfamiliar with it. She derives great satisfaction in helping clients obtain proper compensation for their injuries. As a female lawyer, she hopes to set a good example for women in the legal profession. Kerry aims to make the world a better place as a responsible lawyer, and contributing member of society who volunteers her time for pro bono work and other community organizations. Outside of her work in law, Kerry supports various charities and others in their charitable endeavours. A music enthusiast, Kerry plays the piano and sings in a community choir. She spends her free time gardening, kayaking, reading, and enjoying her family.
AFFILIATIONS PAST AND PRESENT
- Executive Member, Insurance subsection, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Allard School of Law Alumni Association Board, UBC
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch: Equity and Diversity Committee, Automobile Insurance Committee, Civil Litigation section, Insurance Law section,
- Women Lawyers Forum Member 2009
- Prior Adjunct Professor, UBC Faculty of Law, Civil Procedure Course
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- First-Year Moot Court Judge Allard School of Law, UBC
- Law Week Committee Member 2009
- Speaker at C.L.E. and Insight continuing legal education courses
- Canadian Parents for French
- Simon Fraser University, BA, French and English
- University of British Columbia, LL.B.
- Numerous continuing legal education courses and seminars
Set up your FREE consultation today!
What clients say:
“I suffered a head injury that led to a long post-concussive recovery period. At a time when I was most vulnerable, I relied on Kerry Grieve’s support to keep me focused on key matters of my claim. Kerry was compassionate, meticulous, patient, knowledgeable and clear. Her advice got me through the legal maze when I couldn’t have navigated alone.”
“Thank you Kerry, for always providing such prompt and helpful advice on my insurance queries. I’m grateful for your wonderful network, too — you’ve always been able to refer me to the right resources when my legal issues are outside your practice areas, and they’ve all been excellent referrals!”