Chris Morcom is a passionate and energetic personal injury, defamation, and commercial litigation lawyer. Fluent in English and Korean, Chris identifies client needs and delivers personalized service excellence.
Chris joined Pacific Law Group in 2013. He came to the firm with experience in working for both individuals and insurance companies. Chris developed a thorough understanding of the legal process from both perspectives, which gives him a leading advantage and ability to best serve his clients’ needs. He has appeared at all levels of court in BC and has taken a number of alternative dispute resolution courses to advance his skills and deliver the best possible outcomes for his clients, in or out of the courtroom.
Chris prides himself on working closely with each client to understand how their injury has affected their life. He takes a personalized approach to his work to ensure each client is given the attention and support they deserve. Chris is described as a loyal, dedicated, and reliable lawyer. He is devoted to his clients and makes himself available for the assistance they require. Chris is able to communicate with clients in both Korean and English. With a strong belief in advocating for people and animals, Chris volunteers his time to Access Pro Bono and is a member of the Board of Directors for the Vancouver Humane Society.
Chris has traveled extensively through Asia and Europe and taught and worked in Korea. These experiences have helped him relate to clients from all different backgrounds. When he is not working closely with clients, Chris enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter. He is an active soccer player and a sports and outdoor enthusiast.
AFFILIATIONS PAST AND PRESENT
- Member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of Access Pro Bono
- Member – Board of Directors of the Vancouver Humane Society
- Member of the Young Lawyers and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections of the CBABC
- University of Victoria, BA, English Literature and Professional Writing
- University of New Brunswick, LL.B.
- Fordham University/Sungkyungkwan University, International Commercial Arbitration
- Numerous continuing legal education courses and seminars